Fennel Feta Slaw for Grassfed Burgers
Eating a grass-fed beef burger in the winter? Don't resort to an out-of-season imported tomato. There are plenty of other options to dress up your buns.
Makes enough for 4 burgers.
- 1 head of fennel, stalks cut off
- 2 whole roasted red peppers (or about half cup if from a jar)
- 1/2 cup pitted kalamata olives, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese, such as Redwood Hill
- 1. Remove the skin, stem, and seeds if you've roasted your own peppers.
- 2. Halve fennel bulb lengthwise, then cut out and discard core. Thinly slice fennel crosswise using a sharp knife or mandoline.
- 3. Slice peppers into thin strips, about ¼-inch thick.
- 4. In a small bowl, stir together fennel and olives. Add peppers and feta and mix gently.
- 5. Set aside until burgers are ready.
This recipe was published in the Winter 2009 Edible San Francisco Magazine. © 2009 Edible San Francisco.