- 3 tablespoons loosely packed dried seaweed such as sea palm (a.k.a. pacific sea Crunchies), wakame, hijiki, or arame. dressing
- 1 1/2 teaspoons white miso paste
- 3/4 teaspoon raw honey
- 3/4 teaspoon tamari or shoyu sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3/4 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 2 large very ripe avocados
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped cilantro
- 1 tablespoon dried dulse flakes
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame seeds
- pinch cayenne or wasabi powder (optional)
Place the seaweed in a small bowl and cover with warm water to rehydrate for 10 minutes. Drain in a fine-mesh sieve, press out extra water, and coarsely chop. In a medium-size mixing bowl, combine the dressing ingredients and whisk together until the miso is completely incorporated.
Slice avocados in half, remove pits, and scoop the flesh into the bowl along with the rehydrated seaweed, cilantro, dried Dulse, and sesame seeds. For added spice, sprinkle a little cayenne or wasabi as well. Using a fork, mash until just combined but still chunky. Top with any leftover rehydrated seaweed.